Who we are
Our website address is: https://meddingsgroup.co.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
By using our Website, you agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your information under the terms of this policy. Please note that if you follow a link from our Website to another site, this policy will no longer apply. We are not responsible for the information handling practices of third party sites and we encourage you to read the privacy policies appearing on those sites.
- We are Merlin Industrial Products Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 02906480, whose registered office is at Kingsley Close, East Way, Lee Mill Industrial Estate, Ivybridge, Devon, PL21 9LL. Please see the Contact Us link on our homepage for our contact information. If you have any queries about the information we hold on you, please contact us, you may write to or contact by email at email@example.com or by telephone on 01752 690622.
- We may collect information about you from your completion of our on-line forms or from any email you send to us.
We may collect information about you if you contact us offline, for example by telephone, fax, email or post.
We may obtain a record of site statistics about use of our Website from our web developer, but not in a format that identifies any individual.
- We may use ‘cookies’ to allow us to improve the experience of visitors to our website. Cookies are small text files which are transferred from this Website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. They enable a Website to “remember” who you are.
Most browsers are automatically set to accept cookies but if you are using browsers from Microsoft, Google, Apple or Firefox you should be able to configure your browser to restrict cookies or block all cookies if you wish. This may, however, affect your ability to log into and use certain areas or our site. Browser-specific instructions on how to restrict or block cookies may be found on the IAB’s Website at All About Cookies.
We use session cookies to keep track of your session when you use our Website. If we provide an online shopping service, we will use session cookies to remember what is in your shopping basket. Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser. We do not use persistent cookies which remain on your browser until you delete them. No cookies on our site are served or used by third parties. We do not use “spyware”, that is web bugs or hidden identifiers or other similar devices to gain access to information, store hidden information or to trace activities of users. More information on cookies can be found at All About Cookies
- Your information will be stored on our web server and we will keep our own backup copy. We may also store your information on paper at our offices.
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
- You have a statutory right to see a copy of the information we hold about you on payment of a statutory fee, which is currently £10.
You have the right to rectify any errors in information we hold about you and to change or correct any details you have already given us. Please inform us about changes to your details so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date.
You have the right to opt out of receiving any marketing material from us at any time.
To exercise your rights please contact us using the details below in point 9.
- We will use your information to provide you with any further details or information you request when you contact us.
If we provide an online shopping service we will use your information to fulfil your order.
- We will not share your information with any other organisation except in the following circumstances.
We will share your information with our web developer to enable them to host your information or to register you as a user of their website.
We will give third party providers who supply services to us (for example, as part of hardware or software maintenance) or who process information on our behalf (such as a hosting company) incidental access to your information.
We will disclose your information to enforcement authorities if asked to do so, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings.
If we provide an online shopping service, any credit or debit card details you supply will be passed to our payment provider and your card issuer.
We may share your information with another organisation which buys our business or our assets or to whom we transfer our agreement with you and in the course of any negotiations, which may or may not lead to such a transfer or sale.
- We will not transfer your information outside the EEA. The EEA comprises certain countries within Europe (including the EU) which have similar laws on data protection. Other countries outside the EEA may not give the same level of protection to your information.
If you have any queries about the information we hold on you, or would like to exercise your rights set out above, please contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Merlin Industrial Products Ltd is entered in the Register of Data Controllers with registration no. ZA353839
Merlin Industrial Products LTD
Kingsley Close, East Way
Lee Mill Industrial Estate
Call: 01752 690622
Fax: 02081 962223
- Vat GB591551821 Company Number 02906480 – 1994
- Dun and Bradstreet Number (581590544)
- NATO Code Number (NCAGE KD520)
- EORI Number GB591551821000
- UTR 6353208046